It feels good to finally be putting stuff back in the car rather than just removing things.
First I finished the Motor adapter, and mounted it to the motor, then I added some angle iron to be used to lift the motor in place, and mount it to the motor mounts in the car.
Next I simply bolted the motor to the transmission. It was a little tricky to get the drive shaft coupler to fit onto the transmission shaft, but with a little work, it finally lined up.
Finally I needed to get the engine mounted to the frame using the motor mounts. I did not want to make these before I got the motor in the car, because It is hard to know the exact size and angle until the motor is in place. I used some more of my 2" angle iron to welded these mounts into place.
This weekend I have done some work on my Electric vehicle. Most of the work was just clearing out all the stuff that is not needed.
I removed the fuel tank, exhaust system, and the spare tire. This will give me room to add the batteries. I want to have all the batteries in the same location in order to keep them warm in the winter (they need to be over 32 deg F when you charge them). The only place in the car with enough room for this is in the back, so I am removing as much weight from the back as I can in hopes it does the suspension can handle all the battery weight (about 950 lbs of batteries). I figure I removed about 200 lbs from the fuel tank (when it is full), about 50 lbs from the muffler, and about 100 lbs from the tire and tire mount. the electric motor is much lighter than the gasoline engine, but all that weight came off the front. So I may have to beef up the suspension, but we will see.
I also did some work trying to get the motor adapter setup. I made a video of it.