I got the motor in!!

It feels good to finally be putting stuff back in the car rather than just removing things.

First I finished the Motor adapter, and mounted it to the motor, then I added some angle iron to be used to lift the motor in place, and mount it to the motor mounts in the car.

IMG_0116IMG_0117

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next I simply bolted the motor to the transmission.  It was a little tricky to get the drive shaft coupler to fit onto the transmission shaft, but with a little work, it finally lined up.

IMG_0120 IMG_0118

IMG_0121 Finally I needed to get the engine mounted to the frame using the motor mounts.  I did not want to make these before I got the motor in the car, because It is hard to know the exact size and angle until the motor is in place.  I used some more of my 2" angle iron to welded these mounts into place.

 

Posted in electric car

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

6 + 5 =